Doesn’t that look delightful!? Ready to try your hand at home on this great recipe?This cruise line classic is also featured in the Princess Cruises cookbook by Master Chef Alfredo Marzi.
1 lb egg noodles
4 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
For Parmesan cheese baskets:
2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
Fettuccine Alfredo preparation:
• Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
• Boil ¾ cup of the cream and remove from heat. Combine egg yolks with remaining ¼ cup cream to form a liaison. Add ¼ cup of the boiled cream to the liaison. Stir and then combine liaison with the rest of the cream. Add Parmesan cheese, adjust seasoning.
• If necessary, reheat pasta in boiling, salted water. Pour sauce over drained pasta.
Parmesan Cheese Basket preparation:
• Place a non-stick omelet pan on the stovetop over medium heat. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan evenly with approximately ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cook until the color changes to golden.
• Flip the cheese over and cook until golden. Remove the cheese from the pan and place over a mold form or over the bottom of a bowl to create a dome shape. Let cool.
Ready to plan your next vacation or getaway?
If so, Easy Breezy Journeys is here to make it easy for you! Just click HERE to get started!