Thank you Star Clippers Cruise Line for yet another savory recipe!
2 (1-1½ lb.) pork tenderloins
4 Tbsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
2 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, minced
¼ tsp. kosher salt 1/8
⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
14 slices (8 ounces) thin-cut bacon
¼ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Remove excess fat and silver skin from tenderloins.
3. Combine mustard, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and brush on tenderloins, covering all sides.
4. Arrange 7 bacon slices in a row onto a piece of plastic wrap, overlapping bacon slightly. Place 1 tenderloin on bottom edge of bacon. Pick up edge of plastic wrap and roll bacon around tenderloin, overlapping by ½-inch. Repeat process with second tenderloin.
5. Place a baking rack (brush with oil) on a sheet pan and place bacon-wrapped tenderloins onto rack; brush tenderloins with oil.
6. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
7. Remove from oven; cover lightly with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with a Pinot Noir or if you prefer a medium-bodied wine, a Zinfandel will pair nicely.
Tenderloins may be grilled vs. baked if you prefer.
Many sides can be served with pork tenderloin. Here are a few:
-Fresh Tomato Salad
-Twice Bakes Potatoes
-Roasted Root Vegetables
Here’s the original post by Star Clippers if you’d like to see it!