Let’s take a moment and remember Pearl Harbor Day December 7. Just recently as of 12/1/18, Holland America new ship Statendam – read below to see more about this incredible new ship!
Sandy Switzer, Travel Professional
25 Interesting things about Holland America’s new ship, the Nieuw Statendam
Nieuw Statendam officially joined the Holland America fleet on Dec. 1, 2018. The ship’s shipyard was the famous Fincantieri’s Marghera yard in Italy and Holland America is planning to celebrate the whole month long with 25 fun facts about the newest Pinnacle Class ship:
- It would take 7,067 standard bottles of champagne to fill Nieuw Statendam’s Lido Pool.
- Nieuw Statendam will visit more than 75 ports during her first year in service.
- In its first year, Nieuw Statendam will sail 92,723 nautical miles, more than four times around the globe.
- Nieuw Statendam is a sister-ship to Koningsdam, which was delivered in April 2016. A third Pinnacle-class ship will be delivered in 2021.
- The ship’s dedication ceremony will be held at a private event in Fort Lauderdale on Feb. 2, 2019.
- Two hundred pounds of pasta will be prepared at Canaletto during a seven-day cruise.
- More than 150 bottles of red wine will be made each month at BLEND, the first purpose-built wine-blending venue at sea.
- At 975 feet in length, Nieuw Statendam is a long as 12 blue whales.
- Artists from 150 different countries are represented in Nieuw Statendam’s artwork. On a week-long voyage, 9,331 towel animals will be created.
- In the first year, 42,760 pounds of lobster will be served.
- There are 1,920 works of art on board.
- On a seven-day cruise, 4,200 cups of coffee will be served.
- The hull of Nieuw Statendam is made up of 720 individual blocks.
- In Lido Market on a week-long cruise, 5,600 freshly made, personalized salads will be prepared at Wild Harvest.
- The ship’s crew members represent 33 countries.
- On a 7-day cruise, more than 42,000 eggs will be used.
- More than 9,360 songs will be performed in the new Rolling Stone Rock Room during the first year.
- Guests will get 11,440 massages during the first year.
- Pinnacle Grill will serve 600 pounds of Double R Ranch Beef during a seven-day cruise.
- During a seven-day cruise, 3,000 burgers will be served at Dive-In.
- Seventy performers will grace the stages of Music Walk during the first year.
- Eighteen different flavors of gelato will be made on board each cruise.
- In the first year, 260 live America’s Test Kitchen shows will help guests master their home kitchens.
- Grand Dutch Café will serve 1,250 beers on a seven-day cruise.
- New York Deli & Pizza will serve up 350 breakfast sandwiches on a week-long cruise.
The new Holland Amercia Nieuw Statendam set sail on its 14-day Premier Voyage from Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy, to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on December 5, 2018. The ship then will spend a season in the tropcial Caribbean before coming back to Europe for summer itineraries to the Mediterranean and Norway.
Much of the ship’s design will be similar to Koningsdam, but the first Pinnacle Class ship, Nieuw Statendam will have new public spaces and its own style. The ship will feature all of the main ideas of Pinnacle-Class design, such as grand and light-filled spaces, visual drama, & delightfully designed interiors inspired by the curves of musical instruments.
Interested? Let me know!