People are really starting to understand the need for a healthier lifestyle, and destinations across the world are launching wellness initiatives. Although the majestic beauty of nature rules, as your travel professional, it is important to know that when we consider wellness destinations for you, we also take a look at programs designed for wellness.
When it comes to what you should be looking for when planning a wellness vacation, destinations that offer great access to nature will probably be high on your list of considerations.
Natural beauty, warm weather, oceans, mountains, beaches, therapeutic waters & hot springs plus wellness resorts, retreats, and spas offer a variety of wellness activities in the best wellness destinations.
The reasons you might choose to take a wellness vacation may vary between disconnecting from technology & reconnecting with loved ones, improving your quality of life, making a big life reset, or other reasons.
Here’s a list of considerations for a great wellness destination:
- Clean & Sanitary: Enhanced cleanliness & hygiene procedures
- Fitness Options: Hiking, paddle-boarding, yoga are just the beginning. Most wellness travelers want to include some type of physical fitness, and will look for something that supports their fitness level.
- Healthy, Delicious Food: While healthy food is important, it should also be delicious and probably local. The best wellness resorts will offer clean eating and local support minded chefs.
- Local Community Support: Most wellness travelers want to ensure that the tourism dollars they bring will support the local residents, including locally created products, services, and food.
- Natural Beauty: Whether you’re looking for rain forests, thelassotherapy, hot springs, nature adventures or other things, natural beauty is restorative to the soul.
- Peacefulness: Those seeking relaxation and rest might prefer a quiet and secluded destination rather than a big tourist destination.
- Professionals in Wellness: A great perk would be wellness professionals, such as holistic or alternative type providers.
- Safe & Secure: Destinations that offer this both in marketing/perception as well as in person/reality will be the ones with the best confidence and trust from the public.
- Sustainable: The destination and/or resort is committed to protecting the environment by providing a sustainable travel experience.
Although you might not have considered this type of vacation before, why not now? Check out more topics and articles on wellness at the Easy Breezy Journeys’ Wellness in Travel page here, which has a lot of other articles and insights into wellness travel.
Ready to plan your next vacation or getaway?
If so, Easy Breezy Journeys is here to make it easy for you! Just click HERE to get started!