In Malaga, Spain, locals enjoy a tasty potato salad that is slightly different from the traditional mayonnaise-based potato salad that is enjoyed in other parts of the world. Malaga potato salad is made using salty fish and oranges, and while that may sound odd it is actually a delicious dish that is easy to make. Pair this side with a delicious fried fish or spicy shrimp for a typical Malaga lunch.
- Soak the salt cod for about 24 hours (depending on its thickness)
- Once desalinated, dry the cod using paper towel and carefully remove any of the skin or bones
- wash and peel the potatoes and put them into a large pot covered with water
- Cook over high heat and add a tablespoon of sea salt right when the water boils
- Allow the potatoes to boil (about 20-25 minutes)
- When the potatoes are halfway done, hard boil 4 eggs (10 minutes)
- When cool, cut both the potatoes and eggs into bite sized pieces
- In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, eggs, onion, orange slices, olives and salt cod
- Dress with olive oil, sherry vinegar and sea salt to taste (* be careful here, as the cod itself is salty, so you may not need to add salt depending on your preferences!)
Ready to plan your next cruise?
If so, Easy Breezy Journeys is here to make it easy for you! Just click HERE to answer a few quick questions and we’ll get started!
See the original recipe by clicking here.